Welcome to our website
We are Queensland's largest, self-funded astro-tourism business purposely set up to show and tell the visitor all about the Universe.
- Once you are seated in our 45-seat Observation Deck and the lights go out, special Space music begins, which triggers the 1 ton steel roof (seen in photo above) to gently roll back over your head, to reveal the starry sky. Once it stops, our tour of the Universe begins with the astronomer, as he shows you Moon, Planets and Beyond, through powerful telescopes.shown below.
- Night shows begin 7pm - March 1 to Sept.30 and 7.30pm - Oct. 1 to Feb. 28 each year. Each night show runs for about 90 minutes.
- Stargazing dates are listed under Date Calendar above. Once you have chosen a date, phone 4164 6194 as bookings are essential.
- Principal astronomer and owner James Barclay beside one of the three Meade LX200 14" GPS F10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, that you get to look through to see exquiste close up views of the Moon, Planets and Stars.
- The observatory not only also sells SkyWatcher telescopes and mounts, we $ave you lots of money as we don't have the overheads as other mainstream sellers have.